A Frustrating Morning – Moving Images from the Olympus Pen to iPad
This morning I decided that I would learn how to wirelessly move my images from my Olympus Pen to my iPad. I was hoping I would have a step-by-step solution for everyone to follow. However I failed to figure it out.
What I did do:
1. I installed the app OI.Share on my iPad
2. I set up a Private Connection and then tried a One-Time Connection
3. I have set up and turned on the wireless connection on both my iPad and Olympus Camera
4. I have Set a Share Order to upload my images
5. I have read warning.
6. I have searched Google for help and watched a You-Tube video for the OM-D hoping that might add insight.
7. I have read the reviews on the app for help.
8. I have tried different variations of the above and I have done each several times.
9. I have ran out of ideas.
10. I will visit a camera store hoping for assistance in the next few days, maybe weeks depending on time.
In the meantime I imported the images into Lightroom 3 to discover version 3 cannot read the Olympus RAW files. I then upgraded Lightroom to 4 and imported again. Now I can see the files on my computer…YIPPY I think.
Now that the morning is over and I have other obligations for the day I will:
1. Review the images in Lightroom later.
2. Select the images I want to transfer to my iPad.
3. Export them to a folder on my computer
4. Use the app PhotoTransfer to move them to my iPad for processing.
Yes the progression has been complex but in time I hope to find the solution that allows me to simply transfer from camera to iPad. Maybe a WiFi SD card will provide that answer.
If anyone has suggestions, insight, tips or advice I welcome them!!